I was on New Day Cleveland with Natalie Herbick on March 17, 2015 at 10:00 am. It was such a fun experience to go down to the Fox 8 Studios in Cleveland. We talked about Spring Break Staycation Ideas for the family! Check out the video and the tips below!
Spring Break is coming up for many of us and while we all may not have the luxury of jet-setting to warmer places, we can still make the most of our time at home with the family.
TIP #1 – Bring the Outdoors Indoors
• Host an indoor campout in the living room or basement with sleeping bags, pillows and campfire treats like smores.
TIP #2 – Family Game Night
• Have each family member choose a favorite game and snack on delicious treats while you play.
• Play a board game like Candyland, Monopoly, or card games like Crazy 8’s and Old Maid.
• Give away gift bags to winners.
TIP #3 – Host a Film Festival
• Pick a theme and have each family member pick a movie, then get comfortable for a day of movies.
• Sell movie tickets
• Set up a concession stand with treats and fun popcorn containers.
• Keep the kids busy by playing a game of “movie bingo” here is a great printable you can download here. You can use candy lifesavers as the place holders.
TIP #4 – Indulge in Tropical Delights
• Indulge in mock-tails and sparkling drinks to make it feel like you are relaxing poolside.
• Add fresh fruit to the beverages to make them more tropical
• For a sugar-free option, try a sparkling beverage like Sparkling Fruit20 Lime Twists, which comes in four unique flavors.