Each month we select a mom that we think is MARVELOUS to be featured on our site. This month, our featured mom is Kristin Haid. She is the mom of two MARVELOUS kids and she is also a new contributor for momfabfun. We are so excited to have her as part of our team!
Kristin is always up to something fun and adventurous with her kiddos to make each day interesting and different. She makes getting together with family and friends a priority and still makes time for amazing dates with her hubby including many of the Indians World Series games. She’s smart, kind, and charismatic, which makes it easy for us to select her as our first Marvelous Mom of 2017!
Enough from me… let’s check out some candid responses to our interview questions directly from Kristin:
1. What quality (trait) does your child(ren) posses that are you most proud of? I’m proud of my son’s and daughter’s sense of humor. I think it’s important to not take yourself too seriously and to be flexible/adaptive, and a sense of humor helps with the unpredictability of life. I try to live by the philosophy: “don’t sweat the small stuff,” and I’m hopeful that my children pick up on that.
2. What is your favorite thing to do with your kids? We have dance parties in the kitchen during lunchtime often. We always listen to music during lunch and it’s a great way for us to connect and have fun with our daily routine.
3. What is one unexpected surprise that you learned about yourself since you became a mom? I have learned that I have more patience than I ever thought possible, and the strength to deal with unexpected circumstances. I also never knew I was capable of loving so fiercely and unconditionally.
4. What is your favorite hobby or what do like to do during your “me time?” I love to read. My favorite genre is historical fiction but I read a little bit of everything. Unfortunately, I don’t have enough “me time” to read as much as I would like!
5. What is the best advice you were given or would like to like to give all of the moms out there? I’d tell all moms that you are doing wonderfully and to not be so hard on yourself. Parenting is incredibly hard and no one, “right” way to be a parent exists. Remember to allow time for yourself and to take it one day at a time!